Perfume - DISPLAY
Today’s rig! Out of sheet guilt, I pulled my ‘77 Gibson ES-355 out of the closet — I just haven’t touched it in months. Poor Ida Jane. I’m also using this ’60s Universal Accordion amp that runs on 7591s, which is a really low-end focused amp that has the darkest high end ever. In tandem with the above pedal settings, I’m getting everything from Johnny Greenwood-approved dark jazz tones (I’m rolling back my tone control to about 4 on a few songs) and thick, driving rhythm. My DL4’s been modded for ~2db boost as well, so I’m just leaving that on with some light delay mixed low. Fuck OD again wins the day, but the Flint’s ’70s verb is spacious and lovely. Using the Hot Cake on exactly one quick lead. #guitar #vintage #gibson #es355 #es335 #strymon #fuck #pedalboard #pedals #vintageguitar #seattle
Shopping shopping shopping at Long & McQuade in Burlington, Ontario, Canada:
- Les Paul signature in Caribbean Blue
- Derek Trucks signature SG
- I’m not usual a fan of satin finishes (when I pay that much for a Gibson, I want bling! ;) but I REALLY like this ES-339!
- Satin ebony ES-339
- Not sure what Fender calls this colour, but I call it “nice”.
- SG Deluxe
- Unknown model Gretsch. My cousin played it and really liked it. Too bad there was no price tag on it. Maybe it was free? Hmmm…I might go back today and test that theory by absconding with it… ;)
- Fender Custom Shop “Nocaster”
- I love the recessed knobs on this used PRS.